If you are willing to hire a company for your telecommunication or IT projects you will get a lot of choices and it will be definitely difficult to pick one. Hence there are some tips and tricks to get the best team no matter you are outsourcing the work sitting at some other location or you are going to hand over your project to someone in the same vicinity.
In a case you are hiring a company in the same city you must consider the following steps:
- Always do a first meeting after a little bit homework and research about the company. You should know the projects, market reputation and experience of the team members in the industry before you move on.
- Keep your project idea documented so you can discuss everything in detail and convey your idea with clarity.
- Decide terms and conditions and project budget as well as timelines while closing the deal.
- Use appropriate project management software to keep track of each milestone once you assign the project and the deal is done.
- Do not rush in an agreement if you find that the other party is delaying work or reluctant to reply promptly.
- Shake hands with business partners and stakeholders who are proactive since technical work requires active, enthusiastic and positive approach to accomplish complex tasks.
On contrary if you are at a different geographical location and you have to hire people remotely it’s not a bad option at all. This is due to the fact that hiring people online is cheap and easy with the help of Skype calling, Gtalk , Whatsapp and other blessings of modern and internet era. All what you need is a good internet setup and again a project management software to track tasks and set milestones. The game is all about sincerity and dedication hence no matter you have hired a team remotely you can execute any type of telecommunication and IT project with ease. You should not forget to:
- Communicate with the remotely hired team, each offshore stakeholder in the project must be professional, serious about his/her work and meet deadlines.
- Never commit what you cannot pay later, offshore projects fail due to a number of reasons and one major cause is the unavailability of resources.
- If any resource leaves the project in the mid it may affect the entire team hence choose team members smartly.
- There should be a proper NDA ( Non-disclosure agreement) sent to all members of the offshore team since leaking confidential information or even a piece of code is not tolerable in this industry.
- Internet scam is common therefore proper measures and tracking of each member is necessary.
The world has become a global village and is quite easy to connect with each other regardless of the geographical location and distances even people sitting in the same city prefer to communicate via Skype or Whatsapp, video conferencing is preferred over using board rooms and short message services and emails saves time and money, in a nut shell, hiring offshore or on-site team is now a quick and hassle-free process in the 21st century